Saturday, January 01, 2005

Postgame report

Final Score: BC 37, UNC 24


Good overall game. Indicative of our season: good returns, lapses on D, Peterson moving the ball, poor kicking, and a huge special teams play when needed. I won't do too much post game analysis since it is stale now (Jan 1, 2005) and there will be plenty to say about BC football before next season's opener.


I watched from my in-laws' beach house. As mentioned earlier, I was so letdown after 'Cuse that I had no desire to change vacation plans for the Tire Bowl. Mrs. ATL_eagle could tell I was off too, because it took me a while to get into the game.


Paul Peterson finished his BC career in gutty fashion. Fighting through the broken hand only to snap his leg in the fourth. You'll be missed Paul P. Further gushing about Peterson will appear on this blog in the offseason.


For any UNC fans reading...I feel for you. Bunting is not running a good program and you guys are probably stuck with him for at least another two seasons. I think UNC has talent, but they are not well coached. Some bad schemes. Bad tackling and too many arm catches from the wideouts and tight ends.

Always good to end the season on a high note. And here is a funny TOB picture that should bring a smile to any fan's face.

Also, I am reading Stewart O'Nan and Stephen King's diary of the Red Sox season. Their idea somewhat inspired this blog. I am half-way through and will give a final review when I finish the book.

No comments: