Friday, September 02, 2005

One day more

Mike Vega doesn’t break news or include much analysis in his work, but the guy can write a good human interest story. Here is his latest on Quinton Porter. I think everyone is rooting for Quinton at this point.


Here is a story on the different replay rules in the ACC and MWC. Shouldn’t the NCAA step in and make sure every conference handles replay the same way?


Globe media writer Bill Griffith focused on college football in his latest entry. His note at the end amazed me -- Comcast does not offer ESPN Gameplan in Boston! Unbelievable. I am going to Northern Virginia this weekend and will be watching at a sports bar because of Comcast’s limited Gameplan options at my parents house. Cable stinks. Thank goodness for DirecTV. We have it at home and it was one of my best purchases ever. If you have cable and can get satellite in your area, I highly recommend it.


The Herald’s new BC beat writer Steve Conroy has been getting his feet wet this week. He wrote a feature on Toal and followed with this notebook.

No comments: