Friday, November 18, 2005

Rooting guide

I am out of town Saturday so I won’t post a game recap until Sunday. I’ll try to get the second viewing thoughts up Sunday night, but it might have to wait until Monday.


In my absence I thought I would provide a rooting guide for BC fans this weekend (I am ripping off this idea from All Things Longhorn). These are the teams we need to win and lose in order for our bowls options to improve.


Things I thought about:
– Loses that help Virginia Tech move into an automatic BCS bid (there by freeing up one of the attractive ACC slots).
– Loses that make Virginia Tech a more appealing at large invitee for a BCS game (once again opening a slot in the ACC affiliations)
– Loses to ACC teams that might get invited to good ACC bowls ahead of BC. While we want our past opponents to look strong, BC’s travel reputation is so weak that I don’t want to leave anything to chance.




Who we want to win
South Carolina
Auburn
Michigan
Miami
Florida
Middle Tennessee State
South Florida
Virginia Tech
Duke
Syracuse
Michigan State
Oregon State
USC
Ole Miss


Who we want to lose
Clemson
Alabama
Ohio State
Florida State
NC State
Cincinnati
Virginia
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Penn State
Oregon
Fresno State
LSU

No comments: