Saturday, November 04, 2006

Tobacco Road Woes

First let me get the congrats to Wake, Jim Grobe and their fans out of the way. The Deacs are legit and I hope they go all the way.

Now I have to ask: can we change the schedule or divisions so we don't have to play them every year? Terrible. Just terrible. TOB remains winless during the regular season in the state of North Carolina.

My takeaways are over on the Fanhouse.

Fortunately I have a really good life outside of BC sports, because these sorts of games are just so painful. I really thought we were going to pull it out -- and we didn't deserve to win. The debates are already starting on the message boards about who deserves the blame for this game. There is plenty to go around, but ultimately it is on TOB. Strategy wise Wake controlled. Composure, Wake controlled. Even talent, you could argue that Wake had the advantage. As far as the guys on the field, the WRs played really well. Ryan was gutsy, and made some great plays but also made two killer INTs. Offensive and defensive lines got dominated.

I'll watch the game again Sunday and have my grades and second thoughts up late Sunday or Monday. I hope I can sleep.

No comments: