Wednesday, August 01, 2007

New Look? UPDATE

When Reebok merged with Adidas many speculated that Reebok would discontinue their uniform work and transfer the BC rights over to Adidas, who has a much bigger college uniform business. Well it looks like the change happened (thanks to bcdf22 for the find). As you can see, the color is actually maroon and not "Reebok Red." It also looks like the profile Eagle logo is gaining more prominence as we deemphasize the angry chicken logo. I am pleased with the new look and hope we ditch the italics lettering in our next iteration.






UPDATE:
The site that bcdf22 links to in the comments leads to a whole bc jersey store that is also revealing. It contains a white version of the potential new jersey and an Adidas version of last season's Reebok Red jersey. Based on the home and away version of the new jersey and the limited version of the Reebok Red jersey, I am betting that these are our new uniforms. However, I could be wrong as none of these match what Ryan and Dunbar wore at the ACC Media Days. They wore last season's jersey which includes gold trin on the collar and sleeve.




11 comments:

Andrea Martin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EasyRider said...

I don't really like them as much as the old ones. I prefer the "Reebok red" to the darker maroon. Also will they continue to use reebok cleats or will those become ADIDAS as well? I have heard complaints in the past from players at ADIDAS affiliated schools because they didn't like the cleats.

Andrea Martin said...

I dont know if these are offically the new uniforms.

ATL_eagle said...

bcdf22, I deleted your first comment because it was breaking weird and linked to the page you posted above.

Andrea Martin said...

yeah, i noticed that it pasted weird. no problem. love the blog by the way

Unknown said...

I like these much better than the old ones. It's been what? 10 years since BC went to Reebok and got the color messed up? This one's less Rutgers or Florida State-like.

Anyone know when the Flynn Fund BBQ is? We'll probably know then what the lads will be wearing this season.

And the BC Official Site Store still only has the "old" ones for sale.

eagle1331 said...

I haven't heard anything coming out of the locker room about new uniforms. I'm sure when camp breaks this week we'll find out a lot more. I don't see these being new uniforms though and I've always seen adidas versions on random stores online. Players hate the reebok cleats (many of them wear nike or adidas and tape up over the logos until the equipment people find out and make them switch back).

LAEagle said...

wait a sec.....the players aren't allowed to wear the cleats they find most comfortable?

eagle1331 said...

No they are not. It's part of any schools agreement with their outfitter. Reebok doesn't want to pay BC to be our official outfitter if there are going to be screen shots of players wearing nike or under armour cleats... they can wear them during practice though I believe...

apbc12 said...

If these are indeed our new uniforms, I like the fact that they're at least closer to maroon, if not quite all the way there. I'd like to see the italics numbers go away, but it seems like they're in for the long haul. I don't like the sleeve logo at all; we're not the Philadelphia Eagles. We should be rolling with the flying eagle logo on the second jersey sleeve.

Aside: Bill, I'm now a proud ATL Eagle myself. It's f---ing hot here.

ATL_eagle said...

apbc, you'll appreciate atlanta weather much more in December.