Thursday, September 18, 2008

Saying the right things and other links

A change in mood, a little practice and some communication...according to all the beat reports, that is all BC needs. (Globe, Herald, The Daily News Tribune). I hope it is that simple. Of note from the Herald article, Gene addresses the most recent tailgating issues:
“We had some difficulties at the first game and I take responsibility for that,” DiFilippo said. “I’m the athletic director here. But (those problems) will certainly be corrected this week. And the fact that there’s three hours of pregame tailgating will help with the traffic and help the whole game experience."
I heard many reports that cops and security were rude and overly forceful about the tailgating rules. I want many to get to their seats on time, but pissing them off before the game is not helping anyone.


Gause's ankle remains a question mark for the game.


This blogger thinks very highly of Herzy.


The Knights Notepad had a short Q&A with Jags.


Here is a preview of the UCF-BC game.


Steve Logan made a name for himself by turning Jeff Blake into a college star and NFL QB. Now Blake's son is considering BC.


BC is showing interest in Georgia running back Diante Drake. I'll be surprised if his recent arrest doesn't become an issue.


More on Cherilus' playing time in Detroit.


Thanks to Jose for sharing this BC hockey promo.

4 comments:

eagle1331 said...

I do not know why the forcefulness of the state police is just coming to light. 2 years ago as a junior during post game tailgating I was walking away from my families old spot and my dad had just opened a coke as he was cleaning up the garbage around the spot. 2 police officers on motor cycles game bye and yelled at him that he needed to vacate the spot immediately. He said okay, I was just trying to clean up. The statie shut off his motorcycle, took my dad's soda, dumped it out, took my dad's garbage bag, put the soda in it and threw it against the wall and told him if he doesn't leave he will issue him a ticket.

Eagle1 said...

So may of those staties are pricks. Why does BC hire them in the first place? Against GTech, I saw a new guy (who may have been a BC cop) who was black and approximately 6'5" who was barking at people like you wouldn't believe. Clearly, he's in need of more training. The guy I really can't stand is this 50-something white military-looking statie who stands at the intersection of St. Thomas More Drive and the entrance to lower campus with his chest sticking out. The guy is the physical embodiment of anger. He's constantly got a scowl on his face and barks at people. On the whole, the BC cops have been pretty good to our group, especially the blonde and brunette female team that usually walks around together. Very nice.

We would solve 95% of our tailgating problems if people were allowed to begin tailgating whenever they wanted, e.g., 6 a.m. This rushing-around happy horseshit is for the birds.

Erik said...

I've got just as many stories. Its ridiculous when you're actively cleanign and packing that they still harass you.

Unknown said...

BC doesn't hire them, it's part of the deal that comes with Newton being so great about everything (and they are!) In all seriousness, they're always flat out rude, and I know numerous alums that stopped coming to the games entirely because of it.