Thursday, July 23, 2009

Loscalzo speaks and other links

Good job by Eagle Action to get an interview with Strength and Conditioning coach Jason Loscalzo. I've been impressed with the way Loco helped reshape the team. I also want to emphasize the importance of the S&C position. He's one of the few guys who can work with the players year round. Loco's got a great rep and has been a key to our success in the post-TOB era. (Thanks to Brendan for the link suggestion.)


The sports journals are following our marketing efforts. Who knows if it is really driving sales though.


HD likes our secondary but doesn't think much of the special teams. Our coverage teams were ok last year, but I pray that our kick offs and place kicking improve. I don't think I can take another year of shanked kicks.

4 comments:

BCMike said...

The kickoffs really do need to be fixed.

IIRC, didn't Quigs do a decent job booting the ball downfield at some point last year?

Here's hoping Freese can have the leg strength to get the opposition to start a couple yards before the 40.

eagleboston said...

You can get the full Loscalzo article by going through the Yahoo Sports page. I love his emphasis on power and acceleration. Strength and Conditioning is where guys like Jamie Silva go from 1 star recuits to NFL players. BC can be competitive with a bunch of 2 and 3 star players as long as they are willing to work hard and have a chip on their shoulders.

BC Mike, I totally agree about the kicking game and I would argue coverage was not so great last year (note the Clemson game). The good news is this can be corrected and hopefully the new asst. coach is scheming for that right now.

6 loooooooong weeks until kick-off.

Raj said...

No donnie fletcher mention by HD. She WOULD leave him out.

Fletch should be called "The Show"

BCMike said...

Nice call, Raj. I'm a big D-Fletch fan...he's my favorite CB since Will Blackmon.