Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bye week: your chance to comment on non-BC games

Sign No. 1 that I am getting old: I fell asleep watching BC's 4-2 loss to Denver. The good news was that they had a good crowd. The bad news was Conte was hot again and the ice was bad. The guys play UNH tonight.


Sign No. 2 that I am getting old: on BC's off week I am going to Disney on Ice. Before kids I would use BC's bye weeks to go to see other teams. Now I see princesses skating. But it will definitely be more fun than watching Spaz lose again.


I will watch the afternoon games and have a few comments later.

10 comments:

dixieagle said...

We've been watching a Mickey Mouse coach for a while now... the Disney princesses have got to be an improvement.

janebc said...

Sure and you might get to see Snow White and Dopey, who doubles as our AD by day.

lbkjj said...

A lot of strong student and alumni support at the hockey game last night. The team seemed flat however and Denver played a strong defensive game.

eagleboston said...

Hey, it's a Saturday and BC didn't lose!

Galvin said...

Jesus Christ, is this what I'm in for when I have kids?

dixieagle said...

There is a 3-year old football program here in Mobile (Univ. of South Alabama.) We went to their game against Univ. of Tennessee - Martin today, and had a wonderful game-day experience. These folks know how important a supportive fan-base is and treat them well. Sad that BC could learn lessons from a program that was playing junior colleges just last year.

jjmj said...

don't forget the off broadway kiddie plays, family get togethers, soccer games, parties, kiddie sleepovers, bedtime stories. tuck ins at bedtime
and maybe, if you are lucky, a
college football game.

chicagofire1871 said...

I watched my Tigers and Lions lose this weekend. Jeez, I gotta get new teams! At least BC....ahhhhh..nevermind.

AlbanyEagle said...

I have never, EVER before had the sensation I had this weekend: actually feeling relief that the Eagles weren't playing.

So sad.

Where have all the good times gone?

Walter said...

Let's just hope they've used the bye week toward good effect.

I looked at the ACC standings and was just disgusted.

It would be nice if we finished with more than 1 win.