Last year was a disaster. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. While the team was young and hit with injuries, there were still huge, painful, shameful coaching mistakes that cost BC games. As a reminder:
- the cluster at the end of the Wake Forest game.
- the questionable clock management against Syracuse.
- Sticking with Fadule too long against Notre Dame.
- Sticking with Flutie too long against Duke.
- But to me, the biggest failure was the inability to cobble together some sort of offense with one of the QBs.
Addazio changed both coordinators, brought in trusted friend and mentor Paul Pasqualoni and revamped his recruiting. The schedule is manageable. There are no real excuses. If BC doesn't bounce back in a major way then Addazio's story is over. He won't get fired, but we will know what his true potential is. I am still hoping for him to be a passionate TOB. Let's hope he's not just a harder working Spaz.