Thursday, January 05, 2006

Final Blogpoll Ballot

Although I ranked USC No. 1 most of the season, I was rooting like hell for the Longhorns. I respect the Trojans, but ESPN's premature 11-part series calling them the best ever sent me over to the Burnt Orange side. Congrats to Texas and their fans.


Congrats are also in order for Brian. His idea -- the blogpoll -- really took off. The bloggers didn't change the football world. If anything we confirmed how flawed any poll is. As Texas showed, it is best to decide things on the field.

My final ballot:

1. Texas
2. Southern Cal
3. Penn State
4. West Virginia
5. Ohio State
6. Louisiana State
7. Alabama
8. Virginia Tech
9. TCU
10. Wisconsin
11. UCLA
12. Notre Dame
13. Georgia
14. Oregon
15. Florida
16. Boston College
17. Auburn
18. Miami (Florida)
19. Clemson
20. Texas Tech
21. Louisville
22. Oklahoma
23. Nebraska
24. Cal
25. Tulsa

No comments: