Wednesday, January 03, 2007

How to write an Eagle Action story

As any regular reader knows, I don't like Eagle Action. Their ethics have been questionable for years. I don’t subscribe, so I am not a regular reader of their pay articles. However, someone pointed out some blatant plagiarism in their latest piece. Because things might get changed, I asked a reader to grab a PDF of the article in question before it could be fixed.

Look at this highlighted passage.

click to enlarge


Now read this article from Caulton Tudor of the News & Observer. Aside from the taking out a phrase referencing Butch Davis, it is a word for word rip off of the other writer. The funny thing is that they reference Tudor’s interview two paragraphs later. Why bother mentioning Tudor since the stealing at that point is so blatant? But I kept reading and some other things bothered me. I just knew there was no way the EA staff did this much research on Logan this quickly. These guys are lazy. So I googled some of the phrases and stats they used in the second half of the article.

click to enlarge


Well, it seems like these guys are big fans of Caulton Tudor because, sure enough, they swiped phrases from him two other times in the piece.

Google the phrase “Harley got 42 carries for 351 yards in a 50-29 win.” The first link is from the News & Observer.

Google the seemingly random order of names EA used: “Junior Smith, Leonard Henry and Scott Harley."

I’ll give you one guess on who the first link is? That’s right, Caulton Tudor.

I know writing quickly as news breaks is tough. But it is also just as easy to point out the work of others. If you are going to plagiarize don't charge people for the content. At the end of the day my point is stop giving money to the crooks and frauds at Eagle Action.

24 comments:

ATL_eagle said...

Ironically enough, Jags still has his house in suburban Atlanta. I don't know much about his moving situation. I would guess he'll be in Boston from here on out in some sort of temporary place and his family will follow him in short order or after the school year ends.

Walsh601 said...

According to this article on Packers.com, Jags is supposed to be flying in to Boston today (Wednesday). He cleared out his office wearing BC gear.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/01/02/2/

Grant Salzano said...

well done on the sleuthing!!!

Justvinh said...

I absolutely love reading this article, the manner of writing is outstanding.This post as usual was instructive, I have had to bookmark your website and subscribe to this feed in googlereader. this site looks impressive.
jakarta hotel

Gerrardz said...

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here but it could do with more detail. They stayed away in droves.
Parfum

Unknown said...

I absolutely love reading this article,
Parfum Original Murah
Jual Sepatu Wanita Online
Sepatu Wanita Murah

Unknown said...

I really like your writing style. Such a nice Post, Can’t wait for the next one.

Asus - 15.6" Refurbished Laptop - 4GB Memory - 320GB Hard Drive - Black IMR Suit

Asus - 10.1"Eee PC Netbook 1 GB Memory - 320 GB Hard Drive - Matte White

ptplpmpjabar said...

Again, thank you for this post. This is such an inspiration.
Kemeja Pria Slim Fit | Kemeja Kerja Pria | Blazer Pria

Blog Asal Jadi said...

I really like your writing style. Such a nice Post, Can’t wait for the next one PaketLiburankeBali.org

Unknown said...

this is such a good tips from you
Kemeja Pria
Kemeja Pria Terbaru
Jaket Pria
Jaket Online

Unknown said...

writing quickly as news breaks is tough
i agree with you, if we write quick our idea will faded away

Kemeja Pria

Santi said...

Very good information here,
Hamil Sehat
Info Fashion Wanita
Grosir Treadmill Murah
Tas Keren Wanita
Jaket Pria Branded
Sepatu Wedges Terbaru

Santi said...


Thank Before...Great post

Jaket Anak , Celana Anak Perempuan, Celana Anak Laki , Baju Anak, Sweater Anak

Santi said...

Thanks for every other informative site. I happy can visting here, It has relevant information

Toko Alat Fitness | Bench Press Murah | Treadmill Elektrik | Harga Home Gym

jaring futsal dan rumput futsal said...

great post i would like to tell you thanks for sharing
jaring futsal | jaring golf | jaring pengaman proyek |
jaring pengaman bangunan | jaring pengaman gedung

Sombrero said...

melbourne web developer
melbourne web designer
Melbourne SEO Services
SEO Melbourne
USA Property Investment
Australian Property Investment

Unknown said...

thanks for kind
Cara Mengatasi Susah Tidur
Cara Menyuburkan Kandungan
Cara Mengobati Diabetes,

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this article. I've been looking for it :) It will helps me much. I hope to see more and more posts of yours in the future :)
happy wheels happywheelsaz | starcraft online | starcraft web | starcraft | starcraft html5 | happy wheels demo | happy wheels unblocked | car parking games | car game

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing it. I read and felt the same opinion with you. I think it is necessary and advisable. Hopefully it can come true.
descargar whatsapp , baixar whatsapp , mobogenie , descargar facebook , descargar whatsapp , descargar whatsapp gratis , baixar whatsapp gratis , descargar whatsapp , android market

Julie Bolton said...

Thank you! This content is exactly what I need. I have this question in my mind for a long time and I know there is something about it but I don't know exactly what it is. It's lucky that I finally find your article.
lupus classification | super smash flash 2 v0.9 | free games | online games | cool maths games | daily games | cool math games daily | top unblocked game

Unknown said...

I would like to thank you for your nicely written post
messenger indir | messenger download | messenger indir | messenger indir | messenger | messenger indir

Unknown said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me
hola launcher download | paradise bay | subway surfers | cooking fever | red ball 4 | goodgame big farm | hola launcher download | paradise bay | subway surfers | cooking fever | red ball 4 | goodgame big farm

Gerrardz said...

The best site layouts are very pleasing on the eyes, are easy to navigate and provide readers with all of the information that they need to know quickly and simply.
Best Investment | Income Funds | Managed Funds Australia | Melbourne SEO Services | Airless Spray

Kemala herbal said...

Apabila Kamu tidak ingin mematikan gadget, maka bisa dengan menjauhkannya dari jangkauan tangan, seperti meletakannya di meja, kursi yang jauh dari tempat Kamu tidur di malam hari.

Para ahli menjelaskan, penggunaan gadget dengan layar LED yang mengeluarkan cahaya biru, dapat menghambat produksi hormon melatonin www.caraagarcepattidur.com.