Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My rumor is less rumory than yours

Boston blog Barstool sports is reporting that Gene was behind the Williams and McClain boots. I've heard the opposite. My info is all second hand but has come from a few different reliable sources. Without getting into too much of the details, the semester did not start well for our two former big men, Al talked to them and they responded by getting in more trouble after the Tuesday night game. So the next day they were sent packing. All Al’s call. I don’t think Al is leaving this season or next. His relationship with Gene is nothing like Gene’s relationship with TOB. I bet Al retires at BC within the next three or four years.

2 comments:

flutie22phelan20 said...

VERY glad to hear that. Thanks for clearing it up.

BobVanasse said...

There was a time when all Barstool Sports could do was write about how much they hated BC and everything about it. I guess the fact that they now have a posting witht the line "Winning at BC, with its rigorous admission standards, is not easy..." is a move in the right direction, even if their reporting is dubious.