2008 Preseason Blogpoll
I am participating Blogpoll again. For those new to this blog, the Blogpoll was established a few years ago by a Michigan blogger. Unlike the more established polls it discusses bias and asks the voters to justify their ballots. I've been the lone BC voter since its inception. This year I have company.
My preseason ballot is about forecasting. Once the games start I switch to an accomplishment heavy ballot. I'll try to explain week to week why I did what I did. I keep participating in the Blogpoll because I enjoy the dialogue amongst the bloggers, however, the exercise of voting has actually made me a hard line believer in a playoff. I watch a ton of football during the year, yet rarely can justify half of the teams I've placed in the ballot.
Below is my first take on the season. I left a few comments along the way. Feel free to share your two cents in the comments section.
2008 Preseason Blogpoll Ballot
1. Georgia -- the right team and coach at the right time. Their schedule is brutal but I think they get through it with just one loss and end up winning it all in the championship game.
2. Southern Cal -- not as sure about the Trojans but don't think much of the Pac 10 this year. If they get by Ohio State, they'll cruise the rest of the season.
4. Clemson -- everyone is doubting Clemson. I am not. Clemson has weaknesses but they also have more talent than any other team in the ACC. If Bowden cannot win the ACC this year, they need to can him.
7. Ohio State
9. Texas Tech
12. Wake Forest -- great coach, good returning talent. If not for a top heavy Atlantic, I would project Wake to be a top 10 team.
14. West Virginia
16. Boston college -- one of the best Ds in the country. I still don't know what to make of the offense.
20. Virginia Tech -- I think they'll win their division but they are only the fourth best team in the conference.
23. South Carolina
24. Fresno State
25. Michigan State