Thursday, April 23, 2009

My mock draft part 2

This is part 2 of my mock draft dealing with Raji and Brace. Both should go early, possibly both in the first round.

"With the fifth pick in the NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select B.J. Raji, Defensive Tackle, Boston College."


For the second year in a row, I think BC will have a top 5 pick. That's a true accomplishment. The Bengals, Packers and Jaguars are also potential landing spots, but I think Cleveland will jump at the chance to get an anchor for their defensive line. As far as B.J.'s pro prospects, I think he can be a very good at this level. His maturity and focus remain a question, but I think his senior year and Senior Bowl speak to his willingness to put in extra effort. When the false drug test leak broke I compared Raji's experience to Warren Sapp. My analogy was based on the drug issue, but it may have been appropriate on a skill level comparison too. Raji can be as good as Sapp. Let's hope Saturday is the start of a brilliant NFL career.


"With the 7th pick of the second round, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Ron Brace, Defensive Tackle, Boston College."


I've read repeatedly that many teams looking at Raji are also considering Brace. Jacksonville has a need at DT and Brace will probably be available when they select in the second round. I think he'll be a good fit and a good pro. His upside is probably limited compared to Raji, but there is no reason he can't have a solid NFL career.

No comments: