Tuesday, July 07, 2009

More QB news and other links

BC has moved on from Joe Boisture and is looking to take multiple QBs in this recruiting class. We seemed poised to add another until...
"The timing is crazy because I was actually thinking about committing to Boston College today and then I got an email from one of the coaches to call coach (Lane) Kiffin and when I did, he told me they were offering."

The summer of "doh" continues. Rettig is still saying good things but now that Tennessee is in the mix, I think our chances are slim. Let's hope the staff stays aggressive on the recruiting front.


The BC women will take on Baylor in the Maggie Dixon Classic at MSG.


Suns.com posted a Q&A with Jared Dudley.


The Examiner catches up on Brace and Raji.

2 comments:

chicagofire1871 said...

Until one of these kids is signed, sealed and delivered to Chestnut Hill, I'm not going to get too excited or disappointed. "Committing" means nothing to anyone other than that it's a school they are seriously considering.

Nick P. said...

Agreed, chicago. None of these verbal commitments mean anything until they've signed a national letter of intent.

I'm in favor of allowing an early signing period that's binding for both parties. This will prevent programs from piggybacking the recruiting efforts of other programs and poaching their recruits at the last minute.