The latest on the AD search
This is all second-hand information so take it for what it is worth...
- BC met with all the current head coaches as a group to explain the situation, their initial plans and what it means to them. Some assistant coaches were included. Following the group meeting, one-on-ones were held with most of the coaches.
- Even among the Gene loyalists there is buy-in on the new direction and change. Ultimately most of these coaches want more financial support for their programs and facilities. We are near the bottom of the ACC when it comes to most facilities and resources for each respective team.
- Despite some early rumors and my suspicions, this is a real process. There is no candidate that is already locked in and set to be announced.
- There isn't necessarily an age bias, but BC realizes that the new AD has to have a passion and fire to get some big projects completed.
- Prior fundraising experience is a plus, but not necessary.
The following is what I purely think...
Given the most prominent names being floated, I wouldn't be surprised if BC hired a woman or African-American. That isn't to say that BC would be making the hire purely based on gender or race, but that some of the school leadership would like to see BC as progressive in their hiring. As you can imagine, the vast majority of NCAA ADs are white men.