As much as I want to say 1998 had it the worst. It was probably 1999 the really captured BC's lowpoint. Let me run through it.
The sports pain of the BC Class of 1999
- Four losing football seasons.
- "Gambling scandal"
- Losing to Army and Temple when both were terrible
- The basketball meltdown after JOB left
- Losing to Notre Dame on the four straight Mike Cloud runs.
- Losing in the NCAA Hockey Finals in Boston to Michigan.
- Watched BU win four straight Beanpots.
- Four losing football seasons
- Terrible hockey season their freshman year.
- Three losing basketball seasons
As always there are others with scars. People who graduated in 1979 saw BC's winless football season, a mediocre stretch of hockey and the end of Bob Zuffelato's tenure with two losing seasons.
I understand the current seniors being frustrated. They had four years of Spaz and watched Steve Donahue rebuild during their final two seasons. But I don't have any sympathy for them. They witnessed two National Championships in Hockey with a possible third on the way. BC won four Beanpots. And as boring as the Spaz era was, we went to two bowl games and hosted GameDay on campus. Not great, but certainly not our lowpoint.
I am sure this will fire up debate, so feel free to make a case for another era in the comments. Be honest with regards to the highs and lows since that is what being a BC fan is all about.