Monday, April 15, 2013

The BC community and the Boston Marathon Bombing

I purposely waited a few hours to write anything about the Marathon Bombing. Other than a few friends and in-laws who live in the Back Bay, I am fairly removed from it all and wanted to avoid the typical blogger instant reaction. Like others who have spent time in or lived in the area, I love the Marathon and Patriots Day. This is a tragedy and I will pray for the victims. Other than that, I don't have anything to add.

I do want to use this post to make people aware of the excellent coverage and information coming from BC sources.

Heights Sports Editor Austin Tedesco is providing excellent coverage via twitter.

Luke Russert is not in Boston, but he is sprinkling his BC roots into his coverage.

BC also provided an update.

I will have a sports update later tonight. Sports clearly doesn't matter now, but I know this blog is an escape and distraction for many. If I can take people's minds off the tragedy, it is the least I can do.

2 comments:

JBQ said...

Boston appears vulnerable. The city now has to upgrade its security. Sadly, this includes BC

Joseph said...

Boston any more than anywhere else? When there are that many people and so many having bags of some kind, it is impossible to really be secure. We live in an age when violence can and will happen, if not in one place then in another. We have shootings in schools, in theaters, at work places. Next could be a bowling alley or a little league game. How to possibly protect everything?