Monday, October 06, 2008

Blogpoll ballot

Here is my latest blogpoll ballot. I am sure this version will continue to piss a few regular readers off. Let me remind everyone that I rank based first on record and then my subjective take on their accomplisments. I don't think Ball State could hang with USC. I just want to reward Ball State for their good play this year. I am keeping BC off for another week. I don't want to jinx us.

Games I watched
BC-NC State (100%)
Pitt-South Florida (50%)
Utah Oregon State (10%)
Florida State-Miami (50%)
UNC-UConn (50%)



RankTeamDelta
1 Alabama --
2 Oklahoma --
3 Missouri --
4 Texas Tech --
5 Texas --
6 Penn State --
7 LSU --
8 Georgia 1
9 Vanderbilt 2
10 Utah --
11 Virginia Tech 1
12 Georgia Tech 1
13 Brigham Young 1
14 Oklahoma State 1
15 Northwestern 1
16 Southern Cal 3
17 Florida 3
18 Ball State 1
19 Boise State 1
20 Tulsa 1
21 Ohio State 4
22 North Carolina 4
23 Michigan State 3
24 Pittsburgh 2
25 Wake Forest 1

Dropped Out: South Florida (#8), Kentucky (#22), Connecticut (#23), Maryland (#24).

3 comments:

Bravesbill said...

So let's get this straight, if you don't believe that a team like GT is better than USC, but you rank them ahead of USC, what exactly is the point of the rankings then?

Joe Bags said...

Forget jinxes, BC doesn't belong in any poll until they beat a team with a winning record.

eagleboston said...

I watch a ton of college football and BC is nowhere close to being in the Top 25. Georgia Tech is the only decent team we have played this season and we lost to them at home. We barely beat an injury-riddled NC State team. Further, we could lose all of the remaining games with the exception of Maryland (they are all winnable too by the way).

I really believe this year's team will limp into bowl eligibility. However, BC did lose 17 players from last year's team so that is about as well as can be expected.
I have always felt 8-9 wins would be a great result this year while 6-7 is more realistic. Jags is really building to year 4 so I feel this year and next will be a struggle.