Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A little of this and a little of that

Slow times for BC sports. Later this week, I’ll post a stat piece on BC’s offense under Dana Bible. In the meantime, here are some links to tide readers over.


Gene D. was added to the Massachusetts Sports and Entertainment Commission (second item on the link). This is another sign of his growing influence in the area. Perhaps he’ll be able to bring some additional college events to Boston and Foxboro.


The AJC reports that the Atlanta Sports Council is delaying its pitch for a second Atlanta bowl until next year. I hope this goes through because a game including the 6th or 7th place ACC team has BC written all over it. After following the team across the country, I am all for easy drives and hosting out-of-town friends for bowl games.


A writer in North Carolina captures what many BC fans have been thinking with this succinct headline.


I have a hetero, man-crush on Paul Peterson. But it looks like Meghan still has his heart. Hopefully he can catch on in Canada. I’ll post my farewell to Paul and explain why he is my second favorite athlete when he graduates. (Good work by the writer, Kevin Armstrong.)


Here is a fluff Q&A with O’Brien on Spring Practice. He confirmed that Will Blackmon is moving to offense. Not much else there, but when you are starving, you savor any morsel you get.

No comments: