Friday, March 03, 2006

Virginia Tech mini preview

BC lucked out in the earlier matchup with Virginia Tech. Considering the way the team has been playing and that it will be Senior Day, I don’t think this game will be as close. Here are my quick keys to the game.


Keep Smith out of foul trouble. Fouls limited his minutes the first time around. It is Craig’s last home game so he should get plenty of touches. On the defensive side, I hope we keep him a little further out than he normally plays in the amoeba/matchup. Craig (and Dudley) can dominate their post players offensively. Keeping them on the floor is the key.


Get out to an early lead. Virginia Tech is better than their record but not a strong road team. I think any early BC lead at this stage of the season would be kind of crushing.


Don’t try to match their perimeter game. Tech’s offense is better than their defense. Last time we let them back in by letting them shoot and by straying from our game plan (low post scoring). This time, I’ll repeat my mantra that we should match every 3 with close to the basket ball movement to Smith or Dudley.



The team has already finished better than I predicted they would. A win will give us a great chance at the 2 seed in the ACC Tournament. Although Conte might not be the most intense place to play, I don’t think Smith and Hinnant will let this team lose on Saturday.

No comments: