Sunday, August 28, 2011

Preseason Blogpoll Ballot

I hate college football's polls but I love being a member of the blogpoll. I enjoy doing it because it shows how absurd the whole concept of polling is. On any given week, I will see portions of at least six games. Sometimes as many as 10. Yet I am asked to rank teams that I have never seen or evaluated. I also like doing the poll as a snapshot of the season. So this I what I think before any games are played.


As you can see, I am high on the Pac 12. I also think Boise State and Stanford are overrated. I didn't rank BC. I predict we be just on the outside of the top 25 for most of the season.


I tend to switch up my voting philosophy. For this ballot I ranked teams by how I think they will finish. We'll see how long that last. As always, feel free to share your opinions.


6 comments:

D-Murph said...

I would say that you are high on Oregon (which I agree with), not the Pac-12. I would put Stanford in the top 10 for sure...

Also, interesting pick with Notre Dame that high. I haven't seen too many people put them in the top 10.

mod34b said...

ATL tends to over rank BC opponents, as a way ,I assume, to enhance BC's. SOS. Is that a good guess ATL?

Mr. Tambourine MAn said...

Notre Dame is going to be very good this year, and very good for years to come. Kelly is an incredible coach, and Weis left him plenty of talent. Top 10 is not to high at all for that team, unfortunately.

ATL, did we have a shot at Kelly during the Jags or Spaz hiring process? Isn't he a Boston guy originally?

eagleboston said...

I agree. Notre Dame is a top 10 team. They are back, which will make beating them that much more fun.

mod34b said...

Are you all falling for the ND hype! ha! They were 7-5 last year in the regular season

I will believe ND is "back" when they go 10-2 in the regular season, or better, and appear in a BCS bowl.

Big Jack Krack said...

Can you believe that ND is playing AT Wake Forest in November?

We'll get a sense of how good they are against USF this Saturday.

I'm with eagleboston - I like ND to have a great record and ranking going into our game. An upset is sweet!