Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Hockey East won't punish BC for racial issue

Like many of you, I am just hearing about this racial issue during the BC-Providence game this weekend. Hockey East announced they won't discipline anyone because they don't know who from BC made the remark to Providence's Vimal Sukumaran. There are no official reports on what was said and no one from BC has owned up to the remarks. The game officials did say they heard the remarks but weren't sure who said them.

I don't know what was said, so it is hard for me to react. Anything racial is unacceptable and should result in punishment. I understand why BC would want this to go away. I wish they would help determine who said what so this could be resolved in a productive way. Right now it will just serve as another distraction with recruiting and the media and an unfortunate note on an unfortunate season.

No comments: