Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Blogpoll roundtable No. 3

Blog Poll roundtable No. 3, this time hosted by Michigan blogger Straight Bangin'. Check out his site for other blog pollers answers.


1. Which unheralded player on your team will be the hardest to replace? Which seemingly inconsequential player could make the biggest impact? While he received enough ink from Eagle in Atlanta to be considered overheralded, I have to go with Paul Peterson. The Mormon Flutie converted more Catholics than Brigham Young. More importlany he made BC football fun again. I have admitted to my hetero-man crush on Peterson many times. As for seemingly inconsequential player making a big impact, how about BC fullback Mark Palmer. The success of our running game is most often attributed to our massive line. The fullback was overlooked until Palmer struggled with his blocking last year. He has great hands, but needs to open holes. If he is serviceable enough with his blocking to stay on the field he could be an underrated offensive weapon.



2. Which regular-season game that won’t feature your team would you pay the most money to see this season? Why? I am going to actually list a game that I was going to attend for free. Here’s the story. My wife’s company has a pimped-out suite at Sanford. We only use it once a season when there is not a BC conflict. This year we were scheduled for the Arkansas-Georgia game. At the same time, we’ve been blessed and are expecting our first child this winter. Birthing classes are Saturday mornings in October, so I’ll miss our trip to Athens. But no fear, the baby will not interupt my viewing of BC football.


Bonus: Which rivalry game would you most like to attend? This question is harder to answer. All the storied rivalries have some appeal. But I am a patriot and a traditionalist, so I’ll say Army-Navy.


3. If your team were a rapper, who would it be and why? (Read Straight Bangin' to understand this joke.) This is easy. BC would be House of Pain. Both groups’ styles are straight forward and really white. Both are lacking in the skillz and skill positions. And as Notre Dame fans will be quick to point out: both try too hard to be Irish. (I don’t believe that BC wants to be Notre Dame, but I had to beat the Notre Dame fans to the punch on the joke.)

No comments: