Friday, April 27, 2007

ATL_eagle Scouting Service (BC’s Mel Kiper) Part III

In the third part of the series I look at Taylor Sele, Larry Anam, Tony Gonzalez and Ryan Glasper. All expressed desire to play at the next level but will probably go undrafted.

Ryan Glasper, S

Overview: Rushed back last season by the coaching staff. Good instincts and football IQ. May lack the speed for the NFL.

My take: I am sorry Glasper got screwed last season. We played much better with him. I don't expect him to get drafted but think he will hang on an NFL roster for a season or two.

Larry Anam, DB

Overview: Great size and speed. Hard hitter. Lacks technique.

My take: Larry played well last year and did improve over four years. But I still don't know if he has the instincts to play NFL football.

Taylor Sele, WR

Overview: Speed. Speed and more speed.

My take: A reserve WR is not someone you'd expect to get NFL attention, but his speed will open doors. Sele was excellent on special teams but needs to work on his routes and hands. If he develops into an NFL receiver, Bible and TOB are going to look foolish for letting him rot on the bench for four years.

Tony Gonzalez, WR

Overview: Great hands, good athlete, lacks size and speed.

My take:
Another solid contributor, but probably not an NFL caliber WR. But like Glasper, he has the toughness and work ethic that might get him on a roster.

No comments: