Monday, October 01, 2007

Blogpoll ballot

I am usually the ultimate homer on my blogpoll ballot. This week, I am going in the other direction. Now that everyone is giving BC their due, I am holding us back on with my vote. I just don't think the team has played like the sixth best team in the country the past two weeks. There is also part of me trying to avoid the "CK curse" (in the notes section below the poll) that other bloggers have endured.

Games I watched
Southern Miss-Boise St 50%
WVU-USF 50%
Notre Dame-Purdue 75%
Florida State-Alabam 25%
Auburn-Florida 75%
USC-Washington 25%
Clemson-Georgia Tech 50%
Penn State-Illinois 25%

Games I listed to
UMass-BC 100% (due to the kindness of readers, I am watching the replay on ESPN360)

RankTeamDelta
1 Southern Cal --
2 California 6
3 LSU 1
4 Ohio State 2
5 Wisconsin 6
6 South Florida 8
7 Kentucky 6
8 Boston College 2
9 Florida 4
10 South Carolina 10
11 Georgia 7
12 Oklahoma 8
13 Virginia 12
14 Cincinnati 12
15 Missouri 1
16 Oregon 7
17 Virginia Tech 2
18 Clemson 6
19 Florida State 7
20 Purdue 6
21 Arizona State 1
22 Texas 15
23 West Virginia 20
24 Kansas State 2
25 UCLA 1

Dropped Out: Michigan State (#15), Rutgers (#17), Alabama (#21), Penn State (#23), Miami (Florida) (#24).

8 comments:

Kevin said...

Agree w/ you on BC (also worried about a curse). Virginia looks too high and Oregon too low.

JOE said...

"(due to the kindness of readers, I am watching the replay on ESPN360)"

How is this possible? I would also like to watch this game if is any way to do so. Thanks.

Ed said...

Can you share?

ATL_eagle said...

Sorry re: ESPN360. Someone gave me their password. Cannot share.

flutie22phelan20 said...

Given the rarified air of #6/#7 in the country, I find myself questioning how many teams around us BC could beat. Florida? Oklahoma? Etc.

But, WISCONSIN! ahead of us? C'mon. Any problems we have, they have worse. Any impressive victories, they have fewer. Any squeakers that were uncomfortably close, etc, etc.

somedude said...

USF? What on earth is going on here?

Jay said...

USC, Cal #1, #2.... I didn't know you had such a west coast bias.

GordonsLeftFoot said...

I realize that by association Virginia has beaten Oklahoma (through the Colorado-FSU-Clemson-G.Tech connection), but a team that lost to Wyoming 23-3 should not be ranked ahead of a team that was inches away from taking Cal to overtime.