Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Comments on the news

Most of you have probably read these articles or heard this news, but I thought I'd just give my brief take on each. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments sections...


As expected Ross Applegate is leaving BC. His future destination has not been announced. Despite never seeing the field Ross was a controversial figure in some BC crowds. Many TOB critics saw his scholarship and recruitment as a sign that TOB was mailing it in and no longer going after the top players. I always had a soft spot in my heart for Ross because of the Atlanta connection and the nice feedback I got from his family. I know this is not a Jags thing, because word was last fall that TOB and Bible thought young Flutie was proving to be the better QB. I wish Ross had stuck it out, because I believe BC is a great college experience and these guys are all lucky to attend. In the end they also have to do what is best. Best of luck to Ross and his family.


Jared Dudley earned second team All America honors. Well deserved. I felt he was getting slighted by the national press most of the year, however, our finish didn't help his first team chances.


Finally, my boy, Bruce Pearl is the leading candidate for the Iowa job. The timing might never be right for him to return to BC, but I am sad to see him leave UT. I was hoping to get up to Knoxville one time to meet with him. Iowa isn't a day trip from Atlanta.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Interesting stuff. Do you think Pearl would ever have interest in the BC job, should it open up? I'm a big big Skinner supporter - too few coaches are as smart and levelheaded, as well as genuinely good people (a combination TOB clearly lacked), but it's hard not to be at least a little swayed by Pearl's energy. If Al ever leaves, he'd do great things at BC, I'd think.